Bearing maintenance checklist .Bearing maintenance procedure.
- Mechanical Tools
- Hydraulic Tools
- Heating Equipments
Checklist Before Mounting/Dismounting
- Necessary tools ,equipments,drawings need to ready at work place.
- Ensure the cleanliness of shafts,seals,housing and other parts.
- Core sand & burrs need to remove.
- Dimensions of all components need to check.
- Remove the bearing from its cover during installation only.
- Maintain cleanliness to prevent damage to the race ways from contamination and corrosion.
- Force should not be applied to the rolling element or cage.
- When mounting on a shaft,force should be applied to inner race.
- When mounting inside the housing,force should be applied to outer race.
- If heating required then heat it upto permissible temperature.
Use proper puller like mechanical puller or hydraulic puller to remove the bearing.